If people never did silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done. ~Ludwig Wittgenstein
It rarely happens in wise man’s life because they know how to get control over things and situations. When it happens, it means:
1) They are forced to do more than their will.
2) They want someone to be happy. In small talks it is okay but it is not the case in major life issues.
3) They are tired of being wise. It is funny but it happens sometimes.
4) They are afraid of losing something or someone.
5) They are unaware of the facts they are talking about.
What else do you think could be a reason?